Data Migration Analyst
Data Migration Role for a large government project - stable long term career role.
12 July, 2021
- Consultant - BI / CRM
- Permanent / Full Time
Are you a data analyst with data migration/ETL expertise?
This role is project orientated and involves analysing client data and driving the transformation of data to fit host systems, and their underlying structures. To do this you’ll build scripts to perform data migration and mapping between the clients’ own systems and the new database structures (SQL/MongoDB).
As such you’ll be involved within complex data migration streams as part of COTS software deployments. You will engender a strong focus on delivery, execution and customer needs, and provide technical support to the Lead DM Engineer to ensure adherence to project methodology and processes.
- Experience in fully versioned migrations including legacy data analysis and mapping
- Analyse client data and target requirements and define suitable mapping and transformation rules from source to staging to target
- Development of ETL processes to populated staging tables from source
- Configuration, running and testing of data migration tools for standard and custom data structures
- Assisting the Data Migration’s Lead Technical Consultant in the ongoing improvement of project ready source-to-staging-to-target tools
- Experience in a development role on (ideally) large scale data migration projects
- Intermediate understanding of one or more programming languages such as Java, Groovy, C# or PHP
- Knowledge of: Agile and Scrum / XML / ETL / Excel
- Experience with relational databases (i.e. Oracle, Postgres or SQLServer)
- Understanding of testing practices including: Static testing (code reviews, walkthroughs)
- Automation testing / Data reconciliation
- Ability to work independently on complex tasks with some technical and management guidance
- Ability to handle working on multiple and competing projects while delivering on tasks and objectives on time
- Root cause analysis and defect identification skills
- Strong data analysis and mapping skills
- Flexible and adaptable with an eagerness to expand knowledge
On offer is an opportunity to deliver into a major stream of work on a critical Government data migration project, exposure to a dynamic and experienced group of likeminded people and the chance to showcase your talent inside a rapidly growing business.
What’s on offer
Market Leading salary + super
Internal career progression – including the opportunity to complete technical training as well as Learning & Development opportunities and move into new project teams to advance your career
Career and Role stability on a large long term and dynamic project
To be considered you must be an Australian Citizen (ideally have baseline clearance)
Work location – Chermside and CBD
- Large Software Implementation - Government Project
- Grow your Data Migration and ETL delivery skills
- Up to $140,000 + super