Front End Engineer
Delight users with your design expertise for an NZ based global SaaS used by people across the world
17 March, 2021
- Software - Developer
- Permanent / Full Time
In this organisation, Frontend Engineers are responsible for developing high performance, responsive user interfaces. The clean, intuitive, and beautiful user interfaces you build will play a critical role in the user experience for people across the globe – giving users a simplistic yet streamlined interaction no matter where they are.
What you’ll do
- Work in the office with the team but have WFH flexibility
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product development team to bring static designs and prototypes to life, providing constructive feedback to optimise implementation and usability
- Address and/or fix UI/UX issues with the product UI and other open source UI components as required
- Embrace emerging standards while promoting best practices
- Provide solutions to technical problems of varying scope and complexity
- Collaborate with management in determining priorities and risks associated with projects
- Ensure all relevant processes, procedures and product documentation is up to date
- 5+ years’ experience architecting, designing, and developing user-interfaces in a commercial software environment
- Experience re-architecting and/or re-implementing UIs for a legacy enterprise web application
- Significant experience designing, implementing, and modifying responsive web applications with jQuery and Vue.js or React.js
- Experience using and/or building component libraries with Vue.js
- Comfortable quickly developing prototype and/or throwaway code to prove out new/cutting edge integrations
- Comfortable working with git and GitHub for version control, including opening/reviewing pull requests, branches, etc
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments with a goal-oriented mentality
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
What’s on offer
- Flexible work environment
- Market Leading salary + 3% KS + Wellbeing package
- Ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- Internal career progression – including the opportunity to complete technical training as well as Learning & Development opportunities.
- Regular social events and sports teams.
- Great central office locations with fantastic coffee.
- Internal career opportunities with an organisation that really look after their people.
Please note, you must already have obtained the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. Given the nature of projects, the successful candidate will need to undergo a government clearance process to successfully perform job duties. As part of this criteria, it is likely that candidates who have been in New Zealand for a period of at least 5 years will be considered first.
- Join a tight knit product team in a growing cloud-based SaaS
- Lead and design front end solutions using Vue.js
- Market Leading salary + 3% KS + Wellbeing package ++