Lead Engineer – Azure
Lead, Architect and engineer Azure platform in high tech environment - up to $150,000
17 March, 2021
- Permanent / Full Time
This collaborative organisation is using technology to ensure the delivery of NZ’s products to the rest of the world. They have a strong commitment to delivering more sustainable and efficient solutions to allow NZ businesses to be competitive on the global stage.
A scalable and robust technology backbone is key to delivering and supporting business objectives and the development of new products and services. In this role you will take ownership of Cloud/Azure infrastructure working with a tight knit team to deliver a resilient cloud footprint.
- Design, deliver and engineer state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that addresses company requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance.
- Act as the Principal Engineer around the design, deployment, and support of the Azure platform.
- Hands on end-to-end experience planning, provisioning, and managing Azure infrastructure.
- Undertake infrastructure security monitoring and management.
- Leverage Azure DevOps solutions for end-to-end build and management of infrastructure
- Gather specifications from the team and business to deliver solutions based on an understanding of a domain or technology.
- Recommend initiatives and implement industry best practices.
- Work closely with a team of Architects & other Engineers to jointly create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, implementation and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Demonstrate a professional ability to work with business stakeholders, manage effective relationships, understand their issues and deliver appropriate technical solutions.
- Work with the team and provide reviews and contributions to the architecture and design deliverables -solution design and architecture within the Azure cloud environment.
- Technical support around delivery and execution of critical projects.
- Deploy azure services as a part of an IaC project/environment
The Tech (expertise and/or knowledge of the below)
- Azure IaaS/PaaS/SaaS
- Azure DevOps -Automation/Configuration management
- CI/CD -Terraform (IaC), Powershell, ARM, Bash, Python,Chef
- Azure Network Design | Network Security Group (NSG)
- Azure Security Design | Azure IAM and RBAC Design
- Azure Application High Availability Design
- Azure Log Analytics | Blueprint definitions and deployments
- Azure Management Groups | Azure Subscription Management| Azure Monitor
- Key Vault(password management)
- Azure Policy (security focused)
- Microsoft Azure Cloud, SQL, Storage, Cloud identity, Azure Backup, Azure Portal, Active Directory, Azure OMS, Application Layer Gateway, High availability, Load Balancing,
- Confluent (Docker) for data streaming via Apache Kafka
- As part of their commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion, flexibility, diversity and differences, they actively encourage and embrace across all cultural backgrounds, genders, abilities and circumstances.
- Monthly Club events and social engagements – Priority is to keep the team connected
- Work alongside some of the industry’s leading tech professionals
- Be part of a company with high profile Azure projects – Greenfield and existing.
- Learn with them as their core technologies dynamically adapt based on market innovations. Consistently be exposed to the latest technologies in a cloud native high tech environment.
- Extra wellness day off, Insurance plans, WFH, Incentive scheme, purchase extra leave entitlements and more…
Contact Brandon for more information email@example.com / 021 66 33 93
- Autonomy and ownership of cloud platforms
- Move you career forward in Azure delivery role
- Close Knit team, interesting projects, NZ success story