Lead Software Engineer
A true cloud native business is looking to add another Lead Engineer to the brains trust that builds and designs all platforms and systems
24 March, 2021
- Software - Architect
- Permanent / Full Time
About the Company
This collaborative organisation is using technology to ensure the delivery of NZ’s products to the rest of the world. They have a strong commitment to delivering more sustainable and efficient solutions to allow NZ businesses to be competitive on the global stage.
A scalable and robust technology backbone is key to delivering and supporting business objectives and the development of new products and services. In this role you will take a Lead Software development role working with a tight knit team to deliver a resilient and optimal software ecosystem.
* Leverage your leadership skills to help shape business and technology outcomes to meet customer and partner needs.
* Create and break-down product/platform efforts into successful execution-ready plans.
* Contribute to the developer experience by leveraging the latest industry technologies
* Ensure quality code is delivered through continuous integration, development, and testing.
* Perform technical design, coding with test automation, support, and documentation of software application modifications.
* Partner with product owners to understand business requirements, evaluate features, and translate application specifications into workable technical solutions.
* Support technical initiatives and provide team with input into best practices.
* Provide leadership and guidance to other software developers to enhance their growth and help them achieve objectives.
* Experience as part of an Agile engineering or development team
* Strong experience working with azure SQL and NoSQL databases
* Strong experience with CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or similar; Git/GitHub; Artifactory
* Proven skills in high availability and scalability design, as well as performance monitoring
* Experience developing and implementing API service architecture
* Experience in working in a cloud environment – Azure.
- Experience we’re looking for:
- .NET Core (APIs, Web UIs, background workers)
- Azure App Services / WebJobs
- Azure Functions
- Azure Resource Manager and / or Terraform
- Azure DevOps
- Azure SQL
- What you’ll learn if you don’t have it:
- Auth0 / AAD / API security such as OAuth / JWT
- Azure Logic Apps
- Azure Cosmos DB
Benefits on offer
Monthly Club events and social engagements – Priority is to keep the team connected
Work alongside some of the industry’s leading tech professionals
Be part of a company with high profile Azure projects – Greenfield and existing.
Learn with them as their core technologies dynamically adapt based on market innovations. Consistently be exposed to the latest technologies in a cloud native high tech environment.
Extra wellness day off, Insurance plans, WFH, Incentive scheme, purchase extra leave entitlements and more…
As part of their commitment to providing a supportive working environment that values inclusion, flexibility, diversity and differences, they actively encourage and embrace across all cultural backgrounds, genders, abilities and circumstances.
Contact Brandon for more information firstname.lastname@example.org / 021 66 33 93
- Lead Design, Development and tech adoption for a cloud first business
- Move your career forward in Azure development & architecture role
- Close Knit team, interesting projects, NZ success story, Akld CBD